Did you know there are over 100,000 serious work claims across Australia? And over half of all reported workplace injuries are sprains and strains. What’s more the impact and cost of these claims can be significant. However, they can be minimised and, in many cases, avoided.
That’s where Functional Capacity Assessments come in.
Pre-employment physicals are comprehensive assessments that evaluate the physical capability of employees and candidates to carry out tasks required by their roles.
Conducted by experienced physiotherapists, this assessment is a positive prevention tool that supplements other medical assessments in the workplace injury management process.
Why do a Functional Capacity Assessment?
- To help you identify potential physical limitations or weaknesses of employees that can be managed in future.
- You can hire in confidence knowing the candidate can perform the required physical tasks.
- This assessment can help your company meet any OH&S legislative requirements associated with the role.
A quick guide to an Assessment.
Each assessment will depend on the individual’s role and requirements. However, the common components will include:
- Musculoskeletal screening questionnaire.
- Assessment of range of motion of all major joints.
- Postural assessment.
- Manual handling assessment.
- Hand grip strength assessment.
- Assessment of strength capacity when lifting.
- Body mass index calculation.
For more information on Functional Capacity Assessments, call us today on 1300 316 774.